RawTherapee 5.6 will get a Favorites Tab but no GUI to configure it

There is still no UI to configure it, but it’s already working. It will allow you to move your favorite tools to the Favorites tab:

Feedback is much appreciated

13 Likes

Way to undercut that 5.5 release announcement! :laughing:

2 Likes

Unfortunately it was not ready for 5.5 :frowning:

Been waiting for this. :star:

2 Likes

This would be a very welcome addition. Especially for someone like myself who only needs basic ACR features for raw edits. Anything that makes rt navigation easier is a plus imho.

I think that move something from its tab to the favourite tab will lead to missing functions, something like “where did i put it?” jumping in and out the standard tabs and the favs one.
How about duplicate the functions in the favs tab ?
It’s just an idea.

5 Likes

This is a very welcome feature !!! :+1:

I would repeat what @alb1x3 said. It would make more sense to me if they would just appear in the favourites tab without disappearing in their usual place. But I am saying this without any knowledge how this works from a programming standpoint.

2 Likes

If it works along the lines of the existing Darktable favourites that would be really great!

Hi,
Would be awesome…

next step: if there would be a “Actived tools tab”, too :roll_eyes:

6 Likes

Nice!
What’s the lowest level item you might be able to add please? The example has “profiled lens corrections” which is within “Lens/Geometry”. Would it be possible to choose “Demosaicing” instead of “Sensor with bayer matrix” for example?

Yes, that will be possible.

If you want to test on W64:

https://keybase.pub/gaaned92/RTW64NightlyBuilds/RawTherapee_custom-tool-panel_5.5-12-g39d37a6de_WinVista_64_181218-1004.zip

1 Like

As there currently is no UI to configure the favorites, you need to add a line to the GUI section of your options file for testing the favorites. Example:

[GUI]
Favorites=bayerprocess;rawcacorrection;whitebalance;tonecurve;shadowshighlights;localcontrast;lensprof;dirpyrdenoise;sharpening;resize;

Here’s a list of all keys:

whitebalance
tonecurve
vibrance
chmixer
blackwhite
shadowshighlights
sharpening
localcontrast
sharpenedge
sharpenmicro
hsvequalizer
filmsimulation
softlight
rgbcurves
colortoning
epd
fattal
retinex
pcvignette
gradient
labcurves
colorappearance
impulsedenoise
dirpyrdenoise
defringe
dirpyrequalizer
dehaze
wavelet
crop
resize
lensgeom
rotate
perspective
lensprof
distortion
cacorrection
vignetting
icm
sensorbayer
bayerprocess
bayerrawexposure
bayerpreprocess
rawcacorrection
sensorxtrans
xtransprocess
xtransrawexposure
rawexposure
preprocess
darkframe
flatfield
1 Like

Is there a branch (dev?) that is RC2 + the histogram fix + favs tab?

dev it is

Will it be possible to change the order of the favs?

Sure, the order of the favs is the same as the order of the keys in this list:

Favorites=bayerprocess;rawcacorrection;whitebalance;tonecurve;shadowshighlights;localcontrast;lensprof;dirpyrdenoise;sharpening;resize;

Ingo, I’ve just compiled and had a go. Here is my OPTIONS file starting with the end of the existing list under [GUI] -

NavigatorHSVUnit=0
ShowFilmStripToolBar=false
FileBrowserToolbarSingleRow=false
HideTPVScrollbar=false
HistogramWorking=false
CurveBBoxPosition=1
Favorites=tonecurve;sharpening;sharpenedge;filmsimulation;epd;fattal;gradient;colorappearance;dirpyrdenoise;icm;

[Crop Settings]

This is what I got for my favourites -

A few comments. I agree with others saying it would be nice to keep the other toolboxes intact, however the tools have moved into Fav and out of original place.
I thought it would be specific parts in Favs like the demosaic I mentioned, however it seems to have wholly moved “major” tools, e.g. the whole of Exposure and Ciecam have moved to Favs.

E.g. the Exposure toolbox now looks like this -

Hope this helps.

3 Likes

The histogram is much better now, thanks folks.