RawTherapee automatic compile fails

I recently upgraded to Fedora 30 which might be involved. The previous script I downloaded to compile RT failed so I went to RawPedia and found the new automated script that is dazzling in its intent but which also failed. It did run git and get the code and then started compiling but then failed with 2 errors:

97%] Building CXX object rtgui/CMakeFiles/rth.dir/toolpanel.cc.o
[ 97%] Building CXX object rtgui/CMakeFiles/rth.dir/toolpanelcoord.cc.o
/home/campbell/programs/code-rawtherapee/rtgui/thumbbrowserbase.cc: In member function ‘bool ThumbBrowserBase::Internal::on_query_tooltip(int, int, bool, const Glib::RefPtrGtk::Tooltip&)’:
/home/campbell/programs/code-rawtherapee/rtgui/thumbbrowserbase.cc:749:5: error: ‘boolean’ was not declared in this scope; did you mean ‘gboolean’?
749 | boolean useMarkup = false;
| ^~~~~~~
| gboolean
/home/campbell/programs/code-rawtherapee/rtgui/thumbbrowserbase.cc:755:32: error: ‘useMarkup’ was not declared in this scope
755 | std::tie(ttip, useMarkup) = parent->fd[i]->getToolTip (x, y);
| ^~~~~~~~~
/home/campbell/programs/code-rawtherapee/rtgui/thumbbrowserbase.cc:761:13: error: ‘useMarkup’ was not declared in this scope
761 | if (useMarkup) {
| ^~~~~~~~~
make[2]: *** [rtgui/CMakeFiles/rth.dir/build.make:1831: rtgui/CMakeFiles/rth.dir/thumbbrowserbase.cc.o] Error 1
make[2]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs…
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/Makefile2:243: rtgui/CMakeFiles/rth.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [Makefile:130: all] Error 2

I appreciate being able to compile RT to see how development is coming along and so I would very much like to learn how these errors can be fixed and compiling and installing completed.

Thanks in advance.
Don

Looks like a fallout of my last commit …

Should be fixed with this commit.

Edit: Thanks a lot for reporting the coding bug :+1:

Thanks for the fast response and fix. I really like following developments by compiling regularly.

Don

1 Like