rawtherapee-cli jpg too contrasted

Hi everyone,

I have some scripts to combine my pp3 files with my raw images to get tiff and jpg files as a result. They were working fine until some weeks ago. Possibly after a Rawtherapee update.

The tiff script still works as expected, but the jpg script creates incredibly contrasted images that look totally unreal.

What I do is basically this:

rawtherapee-cli -o test.jpg -p _MG_7325.CR2.pp3 -j -Y -c _MG_7325.CR2

Is anyone having this issue or has anyone an idea how to handle this?

You’ll probably need to post your pp3 and some examples in order to get a decent answer.

You are absolutely right, I am sorry. I have attached a pp3 file, although I do have the feeling that it does not matter which pp3 I use.

I use Linux, Fedora 26 64-bit to be more exact, and the version of Rawtherapee I have right now is 5.2.

If I convert to jpg with the Rawtherapee graphic interface it does work correctly. If instead I use rawtherapee-cli on command-line, I get the images with a completely unbearable contrast.

The last time I saw my scripts working correctly, the command-line tool used to be called rawtherapee and not rawtherapee-cli. In case that helps to find out what can be happening.

_MG_7325.CR2.pp3 (10.0 KB)

Thanks for reporting this bug. The default jpeg compression (92) is not used. As a workaround you can use -j92 instead of -j

Edit: I just fixed it.

Awesome! I was very sad yesterday when I saw my scripts had stopped working. It is just an awesome way to create the final images after having processed a photoshooting :slight_smile:

Also glad I could help!

Have a nice weekend

1 Like