RawTherapee expert needed ASAP (write an article)

This email just came across the CREATE mailing list and I thought I should post it here. The text of the email is:

Hi all,

On occasion of Photokina 2016, the Swiss “Publisher” magazine wants to publish an article on RawTherapee in its next issue. If anyone of you has experience with both Lightroom and RawTherapee and is thus capable of comparing both programmes, you have the chance to earn CHF 150 for a one-page article comprised of 5,000 to 6,000 characters (German) and a screenshot. It should be journalistic and neutral, with a short summary at the end. To get an impression on how “Publisher” articles are structured, you can read or download all of their articles, including recent ones, via www.publisher.ch.

You can also write in English and then send me your text for translation, but in that case you’d have to donate 50 EUR to the Scribus project :wink:

If anyone is interested, please contact me as soon as possible.

Christoph

https://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/create/2016-September/005228.html

I wasn’t sure if maybe @Morgan_Hardwood or someone else might be up for it (and earning a little). If so, reach out to Christoph: christoph-schaefer@gmx.de

If you do, please let me know so I can stop trying to find someone. :wink:

I’d love to, but I’ve never used Lightroom.

Do they have a deadline?

Soon is what I gathered from the post. Particularly if they want to coincide with Photokina (Sept. 20–25).

Oh that’s pretty short. If someone wants to give me a list of lightroom features, I can certainly (try) author it.

6000 German characters is about how much in English? :astonished:

Hi Mica,

I only found some rough numbers on the word count here. But words in german tend to be longer than in english, so maybe that compensates.

Best
Flössie