Rawtherapee Instagram Account and Reddit Community

Hey guys,

So I have been using Rawtherapee for the past 6 months and I love it. I am slowly learning to use it to it’s full potential. Here are some edits I did the other day.

The one problem that I faced while using the program was the lack of tutorials. Sure, I found some tutorials online after digging the internet and got to know about this community.

But today I thought of creating a community on reddit and tried creating one. I later found out that there was already a community created but it hasn’t been active for a long time. Most of the people try searching for answers and look for help on reddit because not everyone would know about this website. So I think it would be a great idea if we constantly use the community for queries, critique and sharing edits. I would be doing my part by frequently posting my works there.

Also, I follow #Rawtherapee on instagram (@photography.bytarun) and I am seriously surprised by some works. I seriously think it would be great if we had an official account where we can promote the program and also share the incredible works of others. Being an Open-Source program, the main thing the program lacks is promotion. IMHO instagram would be a great platform to promote it. I am aware of the fact that no-one is that free to constantly handle an instagram account but it is just an idea hoping someone would consider it and try doing it.

(P.S. I already maintain 3 accounts so I cannot do it either)

Thank you. :slight_smile:

The problem with reddit is that we don’t control the platform, so if/when they decide to do something we don’t agree with, we don’t have any control there. And if it shuts down, then all out posts disappear.

2 Likes