RawTherapee save jpg always in the same place as the original raw

Is it possible to set in RT that the jpg are always saved in the same place as the original?
In Darktabel you have to set: (FILE_FOLDER)/(FILE_NAME)_DT, and all exports goes to the same place,
and every jpg-export goes to the same place as the original. This is a huge workload.

micha

Hi,

http://rawpedia.rawtherapee.com/The_Batch_Queue

HTH

1 Like

Hallo Alberto,
Unfortunately, I do not understand this info.
My question is: Is it possible to save the jpg always in the same folder from which the raw file comes?

From the link provided by @agriggio

You can set where you want the resulting JPG, PNG or TIFF image saved to by entering an appropriate template in the Use template field in the Output Directory panel. To find out how to create a template, hover your mouse over the Use template input box and a tooltip with an explanation will pop up:

If you want to save the output image where the original is, write: %p1/%f

Hallo dalto,
unfortunately, I still do not understand what I have to do, so that the jpgs are automatically saved in the original folder and preferably with a sufix, for example: RT.
Of course, I can save all the jpgs where I want, I can also set the Sufix, but I’m looking for a way that I do not have to enter these commands every time. Is that possible with RawTherapee?
micha

rttempl

Hallo Jacal, dalto and agriggo,
finally I understood how it works. I thank you.
Now I’m still looking for the possibility to add the sufix RT. Is that possible?

You want to add the suffix ‘RT’ at the very end like in image.jpgRT or inbetween like in imageRT.jpg?

Hallo Ingo,
I want to add the suffix inbetween, like Image_RT.jpg

In this case the screenshot from @Jacal shows the solution

I got it. Thanks a lot to you all.

@micha so now that you have been helped, you can pay it back by explaining what you did not understand in the documentation so that we can improve it, as the link you received in June explains exactly what you asked for pretty much literally:

If you want to save the output image where the original is, write:
%p1/%f

1 Like

Where to set what, I did not understand. So far, I’ve never used the queue, so I did not find out that your info related to it. My misunderstanding is mainly due to my poor English language skills.

I am impressed by your interest in my non-understanding. I think that’s really a very good approach to improving the manual so everyone can understand it.

I would like to help where I can.

3 Likes

Hallo,
The main reason why I could not do the settings recommended by you for a long time was because I searched in the general settings and found nothing.

@micha the Queue is unrelated to Preferences.

I rewrote the article, now it should be up to date and hopefully a bit more clear:
http://rawpedia.rawtherapee.com/The_Batch_Queue

1 Like

This is very helpful, thank you!