Rawtherapee unresponsive after install on Win10 Pro

Seriously? That’s an offending statement! :frowning:

I have Win 10 Pro with RawTherapee 5.5 - DxO Photolab 2 and Lightroom 8.2 ( released a few days ago )
All of them works without any problem.

2 Likes

Wow— that strip of an image was impossible to see, let alone read, on my tiny mobile screen. Almost 60:1 aspect ratio!

You could install Linux beside Windows, and you could boot Linux and she could boot Windows. My kids were able to adapt to that notion.

But, as others have said, there are many people successfully using RT on Win 10. So there is something specific about your system that is causing RT to have problems on it. It’s not lack of resources…I’d kill to have the hardware you’ve described

No matter if you attached GDB to the running process or started RT under GDB you should press Ctrl+C when it hangs. This gets you back to the GDB prompt where you can type bt to get a backtrace of the current thread (which probably isn’t the one that hangs the whole process) and thread apply all bt to get the backtraces of all threads.

For details see the excellent documentation on RawPedia: How to write useful bug reports.

HTH,
Flössie

I see that you have little computer knowledge, or that you know little about windows 10
I have advised you * to try *, not * to work *

• Try once *: start windows 10 in safe mode so that windows do not load the start programs, run RT and see if the clicks of the mouse work.

If it worked well, it would mean that there is some program that is interfering with the normal operation of RT.

And when you return to restart windows you will start in normal mode with all the programs and drivers that are executed at the beginning.

And if the clicks still do not work, then other solutions would be sought: change the mouse, run an antivirus in the cloud, or some antimalware, etc …

(google translate)

Didn’t want to insult anyone, but I simply don’t have the time to dig deeper into such a problem. I’m no geek and don’t want to be one.

So, thanks for all the well-meant advices, but I move on

Enjoy !

That also terminates GDB when running RT under GDB on Windows.

:facepalm: (concerning that OS with FLOSS tooling, not my tip :wink:)

Thanks for the hint!

Sometimes what will happen is a first-run splash will be modal (takes over the UI) then get hidden behind the main window. This can be temporarily frustrating.

@HIRAM we fixed those some versions ago. e.g. the “The default profile for raw/non-raw photos is missing” dialog. Are you aware of any such modal dialogs which can be hidden behind the main window in 5.5?

@Morgan_Hardwood Not that I know of. Dismissing the initial release notes with ESC should work too, it does on mac.

FYI, Ctrl+C does not terminate gdb.exe, at least for me.

Are you in cmd.exe or in msys console?

Never mind, I was referring to gdb.exe in cmd.exe. Haven’t used msys in a very long time.