Re-apply default style (set of modules)

Hello,
When you import and open an image in darktable there is a set of modules being applied to the image by default, e.g. base curve for your camera, sharpen, highlights reconstruction etc.

I have been playing with one image for a while then I duplicated it then I opened the duplicate and then deleted the history stack. I am wondering whether there is an easy way to apply the default modules or I have to copy the history stack items I want from the original image and paste to the duplicate.

Please advise.

For a single photo, deleting the history stack should be the quickest way. It should take you like 2-3 seconds.

If you need to do it for a batch of photos, I think the quickest way is: (1) open the light table view, (2) copy the default steps of one photo, (3) select the photos you want to apply the default setting, (4) paste (overwrite) to those photos.

Select the photo(s) on the lighttable and click on “discard” in the “history stack” module on the right side. It will bring it/them back to the default state.

1 Like

That will delete all hystory stack including the items that were applied on the image import, e.g. tone curve for my camera.

Yes, it will get rid of the current history stack. Isn’t that what you were after? Once you open the image in darkroom (or export it IIRC) the default modules will be applied again, including your own auto-apply presets.

1 Like

I want the default ones to be back but they are not being re-applied once I opened the image in darktable.I guess I better double check the settings.