Readjusting the settings of a grid after rendering?

Hi.

I’m wondering if there’s a way to edit the line thickness and spacing of a rendered grid in GIMP after you’ve initially set and rendered it?

The reason I ask is because when I alter a grid with the perspective tool, the spacing and thickness of lines changes and starts to look really wrong. I’d like to be able to readjust this once I’ve set the perspective of the grid to get it back to how I’d like it to look.

Hopefully that makes sense.

And on that note, is it possible to readjust effects and other things in general after you’ve finalized them? Sometimes I just want to readjust things a little bit without having to start over.

Cheers.

Maybe post a picture of what your talking about.
For your second question maybe you need to use the undo button more and readjust things as your doing them.

Once rendered not much you can do except clear the layer and start again, however

Try a grid of paths, deform, then stroke the paths.

A plugin: path-shaped-grid-0.0.py dated 2014-04-26 from Ofnuts' Gimp path tools - Browse /scripts at SourceForge.net

and a 1 minute demo: https://i.imgur.com/cFH3l1n.mp4

1 Like

Thanks for the replies.

@sallyanne The undo button only has so much use. Once you’ve committed to something and then at a later point in the project decided you want to alter it to match your new direction, you’re screwed. The undo button can’t really help there unless you want to undo all the other hours of work you’ve done since.

What’d be nice is a way to actually edit a previously applied effect. But I’ve since learned that GIMP doesn’t really have much in the way of non-destructive editing so I don’t think it’s possible at this stage.

@rich2005 Yeh it’s been a lot of trial and error to get things to look correct-ish. It’s such a long-winded way of doing things. If only you could readjust the settings of a grid after committing to drawing it.

Thanks for the tip on that plugin. I’ll play with that next time round!