Recover highlights using filmic v6

Hello guys.

I was trying to recover the highlights in this photo using filmic v6 (great BTW) I’m really pleased with the results, but I’ll like to see some others results. Fell free to try and bring some lights to this post :slight_smile:
Greetings from La Habana, Cuba.

My try.

_DSF0548.RAF.xmp (9.4 KB)

_DSF0548.RAF (48.2 MB)
This file is licensed Creative Commons, By-Attribution, Share-Alike.

4 Likes

My f
_DSF0548.RAF.xmp (17.1 KB)
eeble attempt…looks like a beautiful spot…

1 Like

Nice scene. Doesn’t quite beat the rare fiery sunset I saw two evenings ago but nevertheless an excellent frame. One thing that doesn’t look right is the cylindrical part of the closest building. Is there an adjustment that could fix it? Consider it a challenge if you agree with my observation. :wink:

1 Like

Thank you. The cylindrical part of the nearest building is a complicated platform, because of the same perspective, the building is a new hotel that ends in a wedge shape at that intersection. I have no idea if with some adjustment in the perspective module or lens correction it can be fixed. Here is another image from another angle.

_DSF0548.RAF.xmp (18.7 KB)

4 Likes

Nice colors.:+1::+1:

1 Like

Agreed: @age’s less sombre, more cheery and fresh.

Nice image, though colour and detail information may be obscured by the noise in the shadows. There is still some perspective massaging that could be done too. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like