Registration algorithm script

Hi,

Would it be possible to create a Siril script that allows one to choose the registration algorithm between the multiple options available in the drop-down menu? As of now, Sirilic developer tells me there appears there isn’t one.

I’m asking for Sirilic use purposes, as the default option (pixel area relation?) sometimes causes strange artifacts under Sirilic automation.

Thanks,

Mark

I think you are confusing many things…
Pixel area relation is just one interpolation method, not a registration algorithm. And to be honest, it is the one that has the less artifacts.
Others are worst, by a lot.

Well, interpolation method aside, the current register command is
register sequence [-norot] [-drizzle] [-prefix=] [-minpairs=] [-transf=]

How can the registration method (one star, global etc) be set in a script?

if not, can this be added in a future release?

No possible no because user need to draw a selection.

Okay.

Which actually leads to a question I’ve been wanting to ask for some time.

Any plans to allow manual input (like selecting a rectangle for color calibration or one star registration) within a command?

So run command with --manual option, it stops at a point to take manual input, then continues running.

What is the interest of that?
To select a star you need to see it.
So doing this only with command line seems strange to me.

Yes, so flow would be (say for one star registration)

1. Run the script
  2. Script halts automatically when time comes to choose the star and shows GUI
  3. Choose star and script starts again.

Benefit is that otherwise it is full manual processing, which means you have to be at the machine full time.

So far, it is not possible to have interaction between UI and scripts. And I don’t think we could do that easily. At least for 1.0.0 branch.
Of course, the idea is good.

Okay thanks.