Release of G'MIC 2.6

And with a $ gmic update ?

That was my first trial already! (I am actually in France, may be your gmic don’t like me here!)

One further observation:

“gmic h h” prints the same as “gmic h” like “gmic help help”. Still “gmic h help” prints the help of help!

But that is the case in 2…5.7 too!

Humm… I don’t have any explanation.
It works perfectly well here, on my Ubuntu Linux, and I don’t see reasons why it should work differently on Mac. Any clues will help !

Did you change the makefile for “make cli”. The output of “make cli” looks slightly different compared to yesterday. Unluckily I don’t know what might have been changed.

No I didn’t change anything in the Makefile recently.

The file update260.gmic appears very short. I tried to do gmic up by hand:

~ $ wget -O .config/gmic/update260.gmic https://gmic.eu/update260.gmic
–2019-04-24 12:14:26-- https://gmic.eu/update260.gmic
Auflösen des Hostnamens gmic.eu (gmic.eu)… 213.186.33.40
Verbindungsaufbau zu gmic.eu (gmic.eu)|213.186.33.40|:443 … verbunden.
HTTP-Anforderung gesendet, auf Antwort wird gewartet … 200 OK
Länge: 908339 (887K)
Wird in ».config/gmic/update260.gmic« gespeichert.

.config/gmic/update260.gmic 100%[=================================================>] 887,05K 278KB/s in 3,2s

2019-04-24 12:14:32 (278 KB/s) - ».config/gmic/update260.gmic« gespeichert [908339/908339]

Hmm, is it possible that you have stored update260.gmic on your server in compressed form?

@David_Tschumperle could you add more color presets tables ?

@KaRo, I’ve been able to find out why gmic -h was not working for you.
It was related to the fact the G’MIC variable $_vt100 is probably not defined for you (is the case on Windows too).
I’ve fixed it, and now it should be OK (works on Windows, at least!).

Is it necessary to recompile gmic? At least with the actual gmic _vt100 seems not to be defined, as you say!

I am happy that this is not a Mac specifity!

Maybe with a simple $gmic up it could work!

Yes, very good, thank you.

1 Like

My latest tests look good. If I don’t find a critical bug before next Monday, I’ll release next minor version 2.6.0 then.

I’ve already uploaded binary packages for the 2.6.0_prerelease on the G’MIC website. If you want to help, just try them and report any issue during the week-end. Thanks ! :stuck_out_tongue:

I may have mentioned this before. The display windows in Windows spawn without regard for the taskbar. Particularly, mine spawn with the bottom edge right at the edge of my screen such that the bottom is covered by the taskbar. This is annoying because it covers the value readouts and I have to move the window up a bit every single time in order to read it. I wish that the window wouldn’t be right at any edge exactly, since some users may not necessarily have the taskbar at the bottom either.

1 Like

I think I’ve found a fix for this. Tested on my VM and it looks good.
The funny thing is that when I was creating the window, I was using specific flags to let Windows determine a ‘default’ (x,y) position. It seems letting Windows do their own stuff is still a bad idea :stuck_out_tongue:

@afre, I’ve uploaded new binary packages for Windows (for version 2.6.0_pre), with the fix included for window positions. If you have some time to check and give feedback before monday… :slight_smile:

1 Like
  • 2019/04/29 : Release of G’MIC 2.6.0.

Does G’MIC support isprime() function? I asked because spiralbw is a command. Relevant thread which is why I asked about it - 'Glitch' Art Filters - again - #11

No it doesn’t. I’m quite sure this can be done as a non-native function, though.

test.zip (1.6 MB)

Try to apply this LUT. What’s wrong?

The reason is that I would like a easily accessible code. Though, I’ll admit I can’t see prime being useful other than generating ulum spiral with spiralbw command.