Release of G'MIC 3.0

Minor issue with custom function “extract_region” (gmic 2.9.8_pre, MacOS 11.4)

gmic run “follic_ label. 0 +extract_region[0] [1],0,1,2”
[gmic]-0./ Start G’MIC interpreter.
[gmic] *** Error in ./run/extract_region/*repeat/*local/ *** Command ‘fill’: gmic: Function ‘resize()’: Cannot both fill and resize image (256,256,1,1) to new dimensions (1,0,1,1).
[gmic] Command ‘fill’ has the following description:

Only in 2.9.8, not in 2.9.7!

Fixed with https://github.com/dtschump/gmic/commit/0779525308d7b884da06e5cc9503737ce056d601

Ok, thank you!

Just tried extract_region under Windows and linux (Ubuntu 20.04 and get still the same error:

~$ gmic +v up follic_ label. 0 extract_region… .,0,1,2
gmic: GREYC’s Magic for Image Computing: command-line interface
Version 2.9.8 (pre-release #210525)
(https://gmic.eu)

Copyright (c) Since 2008, David Tschumperlé / GREYC / CNRS.
    (https://www.greyc.fr)

[gmic]-0./ Update command definition file ‘/home/karo/gmic/update298.gmic’ from the G’MIC server.
[gmic]-0./ Load thyroid follicle nuclei and mask example image
[gmic]-2./ Label connected components on image [1], with tolerance 0 (L2-norm) and low connectivity.
[gmic]-1./ Extract pixels of image [0] for labels {1,2} in image ., without coordinates.
[gmic] *** Error in ./extract_region/*repeat/*local/ *** Command ‘fill’: gmic: Function ‘resize()’: Cannot both fill and resize image (256,256,1,1) to new dimensions (1,0,1,1).
[gmic] Command ‘fill’ has the following description:

I thought that was a script error only.

I got this error when trying resize() for the first time (a month ago?). Didn’t have time to figure it out…

I guess that’s because the update system has been stuck at some point the last days. I’ve fixed that.

Ok, it works now again on MacOS, WIn10 and Ubunto 20.04!

1 Like
  • [core-298] Added new ‘string prepend operator’ that can be used to update variables, as in str=foo str..=before_ that is equivalent to str=before_foo.

Latest change string prepend ‘..’ does not work on Mac

tttest :
str=foo
str.=_after
str..=befor_
e $str

gmic tttest
[gmic] *** Error in ./tttest/ *** Unknown command or filename ‘foo_after’.

1 Like

Confirmed. Working on a fix.

Ok, works for me, only the log of ..= irritates.

Update local variable ‘str:=befor_’->‘befor_foo_after’.

1 Like

Great! I noticed this but forgot to report. I also had trouble with quote-free variables in fill but maybe that is resolved. Anyway, I will upgrade pre again just in case I didn’t get some of the fixes. PS Oh yes, I forget I have to wait a while: current timestamp is 2021-06-25 13:56.

https://github.com/dtschump/gmic/commit/f96b768137f84df0c1e39d8064a843f2b07152f8

Please update the pres. Thanks!

Minor error in CImg on Mac:

./CImg.h:38047:29: error: use of undeclared identifier ‘omp_get_thread_num’
is_master_thread = !omp_get_thread_num(),
^

Fixed with . · dtschump/CImg@bc62b89 · GitHub, Thanks Karsten!

Full screen turns screen display mode to interlaced on Windows. This hasn’t happened before.

Display changes brightness on right click. Change varies depending on where I click.

I haven’t changed anything in the code for the display of fullscreen windows recently. Do you have an example of a command that creates the problem ?

1 Full screen

gmic sp tiger

CTRLF

Monitor complains the display setting has changed to interlaced.

a) Originally, it also lowered the refresh rate to the unsupported i-59Hz and kept it at that on exit.

b) I can’t replicate a now. On exiting full screen, the settings revert back to p-60Hz.

2 Changing brightness with the right click. Click at different pixel locations on various slices.

gmic sp tiger +b 5 a z

Not the best example. If the slices have more value contrast within and among, the changes are more significant.

3 new When scrolling through slices, they are normalized such that even though the values among slices aren’t varying that much some are much brighter than others.

4 new Unexpected behaviour? I use cli_start at the beginning of my user.gmic. An imported command of the same name as one in user.gmic overrides it.

This can be used to load external gmic file? Sound good enough for me to organize gmic file as I usually add new command into user.gmic. Sometimes I wish I could organize more.