Request: Starnet and bigger/custom boxes in Background Extraction

Hi! First post so be gentle :stuck_out_tongue:

I love - LOVE the new beta version. Two things I would like see added though.

Pixinsight has now integrated Starnet, I would really love to see SIRIL do the same. It’s an awesome tool!

Also, I would like to be able to choose the size of the box in Background Extraction. Those things get TINY when you drizzle. You get sick of trying to right-click those boxes REAL fast! Again, you can’t be worse than Pixinsight right? :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyway, I can’t wait for version 1 to drop! Big THANKS to the whole team!

2 Likes

Yes, but written in python. Not so easy to implement in C code. Also starnet can be self executed.

just make the space between boxes bigger, you don’t have to put a sample every pixels ;). This is an option I removed some versions ago to make the tool simple.

NO idea what was coded in what, so I have to trust you on that :stuck_out_tongue: I was just thinking out loud that it would be nice to have everything in one place.

Can we get a starmask tool then? :pleading_face:

Bring it back! lol A simple drop-down box with presets wouldn’t complicate things much :smiley:
And yeah, I reduced it down to 10 per line, but it didn’t cut it. But I got rid of it with GradientXTerminator in PS.

Oh yes, does SIRIL have anything similar to Pixinsights HDRMultiscaleTransform? It worked amazingly well to bring out detail in the core of M31 :open_mouth: