RT 5.0-r1-gtk3 will not run

My system is: Intel Pentium CPU 2020@2.90 GHZ-Installed Memory is 4.00 GB with 3.89 Usable-it is a 64-bit operating system, x64 based processor with Windows 10

I have installed RT 5.0-r1-gtk3 and it will not run. The 32-bit version will. The 64-bit version of 4.2.1 works just fine.

RT 5 will open, but never operate. I cannot click on anything, and nothing responds. The window will not even close once clicked upon. I have had this issue with all the latest releases of RT. The newest one will not work, but the last prior release will! I have always used the 64-bit version. I ran the debug version of 5.0-r1 and all it stated was that it could not find the file “network”.

I wish I could provide more info, but I simply do not have it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

You can try to fix crashes at start up or how to write a good bug report.

Have done both. Thanks, though!

You followed the part about attaching GDB and getting a full debug log?

I have not done that. I have followed instructions from the bug forum to enter my BIOS and try and deactivate any disc (not DVD or CD) that may be starting up, but that was not happening. What you mentioned I have no idea how to do.

Not just any, but specifically floppy, even/especially if you don’t have one!

Yes. It did not show one. However, being not much of a computer person, I really didn’t know where to look in my BIOS.

@mpeman it depends on your BIOS. I want to stress that we are speaking of disabling the floppy drive, not about the boot order.

Oh. That doesn’t look like where I was. How do I get into that?

I think this was corrected after issuing the stable 5.0-r1-gtk3.

@mpeman here you could find

• RawTherapee_5.0-r1-gtk3_WinVista_64.zip. I think I patched it

and if it crashes

• RawTherapee_dev_5.0-r1-gtk3-475-g7553d86b_WinVista_64.zip

Thank you so much. I tried both of those, and neither works. The first just locks up, while I cannot get the second off of the splash screen. I guess I am stuck with the 32-bit version (which works great and seems to have no memory issues), as that one seems to do the trick. I guess I am just a bit confused as to why a 64-bit build will not work!