Save image manipulated in RT back into its original location

Hi there,

I use Digikam as my photo management software. Sometimes, I use RawTherapee as an external editor for manipulation of my photos. This is what I would like to do: I am in Digikam, open a photo from there with RawTherapee, do my manipulation then hit ctrl-S for ‘save’ and the image automatically gets saved in the same folder as the original image. Unfortunately, that’s not how it works: RawTherapee comes up with a generic dialogue as to where to save the manipulated image and I have to manually dig down to the original folder. Any idea as to how I can make RawTherapee find the original folder automatically? Thanks so much, Marius

I would use the batch processor for this, there you can select the output folder. You can also select to process the batch immediately. Ctrl + B will send an image to the batch queue.

It’s a single click. If you open an image from e.g. sourcefolder2 and hit ctrl-s for save, you folder will be there:

1 Like

Thank you, Ingo. I missed that folder location in the ‘save’ dialogue. It’s there and it works just fine. Again, thank you. Marius