Scope in Median Filter (module Noise Reduction)

Hello,
Could you put a scope in the Median Filter that is in the Noise Reduction module
11 Median Filter

the same as what is in the median of Local Lab?
12 Median Filter in LocalLab

Thanks and greeting
Arturo.

What is it you think scope does or should do in both contexts?

save a little sharpness

See:

When I say scope … I mean strength or quantity … in case I am not understood.

I believe “Scope” in the Local Adjustments tool has more to do with the area of effect, not mixing with the original. I think mixing is what you would like to see for the Median filter.

In fact “Scope” (in Local adjustments) mixe the original image, with the transformed image, by taking accout of the deltaE - general cases

But, in case of “local denoise”, deltaE is very disturbed by the chromatic noise.

I made modifications to try to reduce the impact of chromatic noise, but it is “the cat that bites its tail”
A less bad approach would be to bypass the area to be denoised with a Béziers curve (GUI problem for the most part, even if you have to solve LUT problems …)

It is still difficult to implant “Scope” in “main”… :slight_smile:
But you can use “Local denoise” or “Blur and noise” in full image…delimiters outside preview, rectangle, high transition…

jacques

Indeed, in some images of x-trans sensor I get better using a % of LocalLab Median of Blur & Noise in full image together with Luminance of the main Noise Reduction module that median Filter of Noise Reduction main module that makes a very noise reduction aggressive.

But if it is difficult to implant ‘Scope’ in ‘main’ … we better leave it as it is. Very few x-trans images require this process.

Greetings.