script-fu scrolling interface not working in GIMP 2.10

Since I assume script-fu is part of GIMP, can someone explain why it doesn’t get updated and why the scrolling interface isn’t part of it? I think this would be considered a necessary function for the proper operation of GIMP plug-ins. I refer specifically to the bevel-reflect-logo script and ML bevel reflect logo plug-in which REQUIRE scrolling on a laptop screen in order to access the bottom functions (like the OK to activate it). Yes, there is a workaround for activation that I discovered. And there’s no way I could find to resize or move the long window up (unless I’m just dumb). Of course, I could always hook up a larger monitor to my laptop, but I shouldn’t have to do that.

I truly appreciate all the hard work that’s gone into 2.10. It’s an amazing piece of work from all involved and I love the changes and new functionality.

So, can we PLEASE get a fix for this essential function? Soon? It surely can’t be that hard to fix.

Thanks.

You can move the settings window up or down by holding down the Alt key.

1. See Racer-X answer

2. Scripts that have such big parameter lists are monsters that shouldn’t exist. Either they have a custom UI that can display only what is needed, or they reduce the number of parameters to something manageable (remember, you have to execute the script each time you change something…)

Racer-x’s answer doesn’t work because you’d need to move the settings window’s top bar above the top of the screen, which isn’t permitted. I can’t disagree that scripts like this should probably have a custom UI, but my point is that this script has been around for several years and it’s obviously not the only one needing a scrolling interface. Someone previously developed a scrolling interface that worked. Is there a reason why it not be included as part of GIMP and modified to work in new versions?

With all the great new features in GIMP 2.10, it would seem to me that it would be beneficial to include an improved script-fu interface in GIMP. It seems like a rather basic part of the whole GIMP interface. The source code is out there. Even if I had the knowledge and expertise to modify it, users would still have to install it every time future GIMP changes render it unusable. So why not make it feature in GIMP rather than an add-on (that currently doesn’t work)?

I’m not trying to point fingers, just offer a suggestion to benefit everyone from users to script writers.

Is there a bug or feature request open for this request? That’s the proper way to bring it to the developers attention.

There probably isn’t a request for it. I will submit one. Thanks.

You don’t need to grab the top bar. Grab anywhere in the window settings and move it anywhere you want…

I do this all the time when working with the Flatpak version. The AppImage version seems to resize the window down and therefore it’s not needed.

Alt and drag still didn’t work, but I did a bit of research and discovered that AltDrag is a separate executable not part of Windows. I downloaded and installed it and now I have the functionality you describe. I found the program here: AltDrag

Still, the functionality of scrolling should be in GIMP, and I did submit the suggestion.

Thanks again.