Scrolling through pics in a post possible?

Just a suggestion, Would it be possible to scroll through pictures in one post. For example, in a playraw post, so that you just click on the first to enlarge and then just scroll through all the pictures in that post without having to close the enlarged picture and click on the next one?

3 Likes

Good question. I didn’t see an easy way to do this already, but I’ll keep my eyes open and see what I can find. Maybe right/left arrow keys to move to the next image?

1 Like

I thought about this too. Would be convenient for long form posts with lots of images. BTW, is there a way to caption an image such that it follows the image when zoomed? Not a feature request: just curious.

+1 for this suggestion!

My ideal solution would be some sort of button or menu entry that gets you to a mosaic-like view of all the images in the thread, where each image brings you back to the corresponding post when clicked.

No idea if this is technically feasible though…

1 Like

We already have the ligjtbox effect when you click an image, so I guess all you’d need is to collect all the images and add previous and next button. Maybe there is a class we can use so we don’t get every image in the post.

1 Like

With enough manpower or time, it’s all technically feasible here… :wink:

I’m adding it to the list to investigate - first the ability to not strip metadata from images needs to get rolled out here (once we get a fresh build from darix).

Yea, that is what I meant just the next and previous buttons but be cool already.

:+1: Entirely appropriate for a community that is all about photography. (I wonder for the sake of choice if we should still have an option to strip the metadata.)