Setting up OpenCL on Windows laptop

I have a laptop that has integrated graphics on the Xeon cpu, 48 GB system RAM, and a Quadro P5200. Do I want to have darktable use the Quadro for display or do I want to use the Intel graphics for display and all of the Quadro for OpenCL?

I was waiting for some more competent replies because I also wanted to know. I’ll tell you my experience in the meantime; I have a Dell XPS with the intel onboard GPU and an external nvidia Geforce GTX 1050 GPU, running on Linux Ubuntu, and what I do is simply make the nvidia work all the time (by activating the nvidia performance mode option in the nvidia x server settings panel):

screenshot_2020-11-25_08-45

It’s noisy etc but I’m unable to have darktable and resolve work in any other way, e.g. the nvidia on-demand option above, it doesnt seem to work properly and I’m frankly a bit bored with looking up all the different technologies and how they work… I have this tab opened on my browser for weeks now, with the idea of going back to it and finally understand the what is optimus and cuda and opencl and this and that…

Sorr for going away on a tangent but the immediate reply to your question (for what I know – which is little as you’ve understood by now) is that you cannot use both the internal and the external gpu in Darktable at the same time and you probably would want to stick to using your quadro gpu.

There should also be an option in the BIOS that lets you disable the integrated GPU and only use the discrete one. On my HP laptop the option is called Hybrid <–> Discrete.

Most of my confusion is that I thought a gpu could be used for display XOR compute, not both at once.