SiriL access to Internet

A newby here. Has anyone got this error when trying to check for updates?

“Unable to check for updates! Check your network connection”

Any assists gratefully received.

You have this error probably because you use a very old version of siril.
0.9.10? 0.9.11?

I don’t think that’s the problem. I believe I have the latest version. The software is displaying Siril 0.99.4
Can you think of anything else that may be the problem?

If you’re on Windows, you may have a firewall or other restricting software that prevents it from connecting.

1 Like

Recently (the last week or so), photometric color calibration started always failing for me with “Platesoving failed”. I decided today would be the day I track down the problem, so I started with having SiriL check for updates. That failed due to “no internet”.

The rest of my computer finds the internet, and SiriL used to do so. I have not changed anything in firewall settings, nor performed any major windows updates. I am using Siril 0.99.6, and have been doing so for quite a while.

Is there a specific port I should make sure is open? Should I reinstall SiriL? Something else?

“A newby here. Has anyone got this error when trying to check for updates?
“Unable to check for updates! Check your network connection”
Any assists gratefully received.”

Same here, windows 7 and windows 10. error message that appears on V0.99.7: Cannot retrieve information from the update URL. Error: [77]
No firewall, only adsl router with standard config.

Take a look here for the workaround

SSL Certificat files have 0ko size in Windows CI (#604) · Issues · FA / Siril · GitLab

I copied the two cert files into SiriL\ssl\certs, rebooted, and SiriL still does not access the internet.
The files are dated 3/24/2020

Check your AV then.