Bug Fix for MacOS Ventura users

MacOS Ventura is the thirteenth major version of macOS, released recently. Currently, Siril cannot be executed correctly on it because it is impossible to use the mouse on the application. This bug, which is very annoying, is caused by low-level changes in Ventura that affect GTK, the library that manages the graphical interface of Siril. And all applications using GTK3 are affected by this bug, namely GIMP v2.99, RawTherapee, Inkscape, Darktable and many others…
This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://siril.org/2022/12/bug-fix-for-macos-ventura-users/
2 Likes

Thank you Rene very much for the bug fixes for MacOS Ventura! I was unable to downgrade back to the previous OS, so this fix allows me to continue to use Siril. I really appreciate it !

2 Likes

Have there been others who have tested the bug fix with this new solution? I appreciate the work that was done to solve the bug. Thanks.

I am using it right now with OS 13.1 Ventura. Works great!

I also have Venturer13.1 and whilst it works, the mouse function isn’t perfect. I find that often an item requires clicking twice before it responds. Better than it was thought. Well done for making it useable.

Hi. Thank you for this but how do I get the fix & apply it?

Last versions have it .

Thank you. still problems using right click on trackpad as it crashes as soon as you do that.

Only for background extraction and the bug is known

I hooked up a USB mouse, but it still crashes when right clicking to remove sampling points for background selection.

Is this expected?

From the website: