Siril Error on Fedora 34 with Gnome 40

Siril was working perfectly with Fedora 33, but now shows the following error after an upgrade to Fedora 34, with Gnome 40:

siril
Run experimental bundle that bundles everything
GLib-GIO-Message: 21:08:05.116: Using the ‘memory’ GSettings backend. Your settings will not be saved or shared with other applications.

(siril:8169): GLib-GIO-ERROR **: 21:08:05.116: Settings schema ‘org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.xsettings’ does not contain a key named ‘antialiasing’
fish: Job 1, ‘siril’ terminated by signal SIGTRAP (Trace or breakpoint trap)

Has anyone found a solution to this?

Difficult to say but looks like an issue with GTK.
Siril is not compatible with GTK4, make sure you have GTK3 too.

You can use the AppImage.

Maybe this is caused by the fact that the settings file cannot be written, maybe there is a file rights problem, but that doesn’t explain the other error and the crash.

Could be this gtk issue: "Settings schema 'org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.xsettings' does not contain a key named 'antialiasing'" with g-s-d 40.x (#3680) · Issues · GNOME / gtk · GitLab

EDIT:
Finally have Siril working. I removed the AppImage file that was working in Fedora 33 (and no longer in Fedora 34), and then installed Siril as a Flatpak using Fedora’s native Software app. Thanks for the feedback!

Thanks for the feedback. It’s interesting because I already run Siril via appImage (and it’s how I saw the problem initially). I’ll see if there’s a proposed fix in the link provided. Thanks again, and if someone finds a solution before I do, please post it!