Siril 1.2.0-beta2

We are pleased to inform you that Siril 1.2.0-beta2 is now available, only a few weeks after the release of beta1. Many bugs have been fixed since the previous beta, which makes this new version more stable and reliable. However, we remind you that the beta version of a software is a first version of the software that is still under test and development. It is made available for feedback and further testing before the final version is released to the public.
This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://siril.org/download/2023-03-12-siril-1.2.0-beta2/
2 Likes

This is a really stable release based on my usage. Love love love the star recomposition tool - Beautiful! This will come from left field but has anyone considered integrating Roger Clark’s open source rnc-color-stretch algorithm to Siril’s post-processing options. Currently it’s a command line tool on all three major platforms and can serve as a great alternative to the current arcsinh option. It might be a nice side project for one of you brilliant developers :). Just putting it out there.

Thanks for all the hard work!!!
Eli

I’m still seeing the incomplete dropdown menu bug which was mentioned in the Beta 1 thread on a 2021 14" M1 Macbook Pro on Ventura 13.1.
However, I noticed that it only happens when Siril opens on my secondary monitor, a 24" 1920x1200 HP LP2475w. When I start it on the inbuilt display, or even when I start it on the 24" and move it to the internal display, the menus draw correctly. They’re even still correct when I then move Siril back to the 24".
Otherwise I haven’t noticed any issues. Though I’m a beginner, mostly use only what’s in the basic processing tutorials, and probably wouldn’t notice if there are any subtle bugs in some of the algorithms.

Thank you very much for the kind words Eli, and the suggestion. We may take a look, I didn’t know about this, it looks interesting. I have noted that for a future version.

1 Like

So exciting! I just wanted to give you a heads up of a fantastic YouTube channel, BorealisLite, run by Gary Snow. The channel is exclusively several hour long deep dive tutorials into using different aspects of Siril. I can say that for me it was instrumental getting started with Siril and now serves as a wonderful reference - I find myself going back to those videos a lot. I just wanted to mention it in case it wasn’t on your radar. Link provided below.

As always thank you so much for all the hard work!!!

https://youtube.com/@BorealisLite

1 Like

guys, anyway we can use the auto scripts and not have to use Bias frames. I have a zwo 294 pro colour camera which doesn’t need bias frames, only lights darks and flats.

see don't want to use bias frames in Siril - #2 by vinvin