Siril was compiled without networking support

I found quite a lot of new problems related to plate solving in the newest git release:

• The preferences window for Astrometry cannot be resized by the window manager, yet the content does not fit inside the window
  • This seems to be true for several windows Siril is offering and is a weird concept.
  • Plate solving always has “use local astrometry.net solver” deselected as a default, this cannot be changed
  • Siril says “Siril was compiled without networking support, cannot do this operation” when I try to get the coordinates of a named object in the plate solver

Hello, detection of networking capabilities was updated recently at build time. More information written in the configure or meson log. If the dependencies for networking are not found, like libcurl4-gnutls-dev or gvfs-backends, siril will be built without network support.

• do you have local astrometry.net installed and configured?
  • do you have the local NOMAD and other catalogues installed and configured?
  • did any of the two above worked before the update?
  • which OS are you using?
  • which build method are you using?

thanks

About window size this is when you have a too low resolution.
However you can use the expanders inside the dialogs to minimize frames you don’t need.

I am using debian 11. Replacing libcurl4-openssl-dev with libcurl4-gnutls-dev did the job of getting networking back.

I am using a 4k display with 3840x1600 pixels. Not sure what you mean by “too low resolution”.
Font scale in Siril is set to 100%. Yet the window width seems to be too low for the Astrometry preferences window. The scrollbar on the right covers the rightmost character of the text. The width of the window cannot be changed.

Could we have a screenshot please? And yes we do not allow window resize.

There it is. Hope it helps:

OK… This is funny. We will add a horizontal slider too and will try to understand

or allow resizing or make the window slightly wider ? Just the amount the vertical slider adds to the window ?

Allowing to resize no, but windows already should fit the text as you can see here (it is not obvious here, but window has not the same size following the language: click on the images).

I’m also facing the “Siril was compiled without networking support” issue, but I’m using the compiled version from the ppa repo. Any hint?

@mgutierrez : please, could you update your ppa package and give me feedback.

just upgraded the package but still facing the same error. By the way, that I am trying to do is a plate solve (error is thrown and cannot download the catalog)

Do you use a kde version of Ubuntu?

no. I’m running Linux mint 20; cinnamon

Could you update again?

yep! it worked; thanks!