Sirilic script execution error

After building a project in Sirilic (1_12_8 & 1_13_1) and generating the scripts, I get this error when attempting to execute the script(s):

*** pipe subprocess.Popen() :[Errno 13] Permission denied: ‘/Applications/SiriL.app’

Siril is where the path shows, and I can run the script generated by Srilic from Siril.

Any ideas where my permissions are set improperly?

Thanks

Looks like you cannot open the pipe between the two programs, I am not sure where it is created on Mac OS X, maybe in /tmp?

As far as locations go, both the sirilic folder (from the zip file) and SiriL.app are in the /Applications directory. (macOS Catalina 10.15.7).
I’m not sure of you meaning when you say “where it is created on Mac OS X, maybe in /tmp?”… Where is what created?

What process (program?) is requesting Siril to start? Is there more to it than just running Siril (which permissions showing: “drwxr-xr-x@”)?

As I said, I can run the sirilic generated script without issue from Siril.

on the French forum Webastro :
"… I managed to run the scripts directly in Siril IC on my Mac. In fact, you need to have opened SiriL before launching the scripts via Siril IC in batch for the first time… and if you then quit SiriL and start a second batch with SirilIC, it still works. … "

wouldn’t the path to the executable be more like :
/Applications/SiriL.app/Contents/MacOS/siril

OK, tried this…Opened SirL, then Siril IC, selected run script and got the same result.

iin the “preferences” menu, you set the value for the "SiriL executable " field?

Yes, Siril IC preferences for SiriL executable set as “/Applications/SiriL.app”. Starting SiriL first still results in the error: *** pipe_subprocess.Popen() :[Errno 13] Permission denied: ‘/Applications/SiriL.app’

Not being a programmer, I’m not sure where to “look” for a solution. But, as I say, I can manually invoke the script from SiriL’s interface and (when I set things up properly) it runs fine. Two steps instead of one, not really too big a problem for me.

the path of Siril IC preferences for SiriL executable is bad, you should have:

• /Applications/SiriL.app/Contents/MacOS/siril
    or
  • /Applications/Siril.app/Contents/Resources/bin/Siril

Could you try the 2 path in Siril IC preferences for SiriL executable

Thanks for these additional suggestions. I tried both the paths shown in SiriL preferences with the following results:

1. /Applications/Siril.app/Contents/Resources/bin/Siril give this error:

***Error: siril don’t exist => /Applications/Siril.app/Contents/Resources/bin/Siril?

1. /Applications/SiriL.app/Contents/MacOS/siril gives this:

VERSION siril 0.99.8-a469ab35 : Siril is compatible with Sirilic

SiriL is started as MacOS application

***1613802155: running command setext
***1613802155: running command cd
***Script thread exiting
log: Welcome to siril v0.99.8
log: Supported file types: BMP images, PIC images (IRIS), PGM and PPM binary images, RAW images, FITS-CFA images, Films, SER sequences, TIFF images, JPG images, PNG images, HEIF images.
log: Loading init file: ‘/Users/davidswinnard/Library/Application Support/siril/siril.config’
log: Setting CWD (Current Working Directory) to ‘/Volumes/Fuji X images T5/Astro photos/2021/February/M81 Bode’s Galaxy/script’
log: Parallel processing enabled: Using 4 logical processors.
log: #################################################################################
log: #
log: # Don’t edit : generated by /Applications/sirilic/Sirilic.pyw
log: # Compatibility with Siril: Version >= 0.9.12.0
log: Running command: setext
log: #################################################################################

… Aborted …

Something is amiss that I’m not understanding.

As I mentioned, I’m not a programmer, so having to supply a path that actually points “into” the app’s package is not something I would have thought of trying.

OK… I think this is working now… This suggested path: "/Applications/SiriL.app/Contents/MacOS/siril " was close. Just needed the “/siril” to be capitalized e.g. “/Siril”. (as it is in the SiriL.app package)

Thanks for all the help M27trogonondepomme!

2 Likes