small points and distance between the points

Art is a great program for editing photos. The only thing I have some trouble with are the small dots and especially the very short distance between the two dots of e.g. an equilizer. All this with a high resolution screen. Is it possible to e.g. Can you change the size and distance in the settings?

Hello, don’t know if this helps, but you can try to activate the pseudo-HiDPI mode : Preferences, tab General - Appearance (of Uiterlijk in jouw geval).

These points can be fiddly. If the HiDPI does not help (for me there is no difference, but I don’t have a hi-res screen), you can manually type the values by right-clicking on a point.

grafik

Hit the icon on the right to finish your input.

Holding CTRL while dragging dots with mouse will reduce sensitivity and thus will increase precision. Very convenient, I use it all the time. Though I’m not sure if it helps with your problem.

One possibility could be to have a “zoom in” mode that enlarges the curve widget temporarily. I’ll think about this and see how feasible it is…

Maybe using the ALT key as a modifier, for not having to pixel hunt the nodes?

ALT + left click on point = adjust left node
ALT + right click on point = adjust right node

The question was, how people would know. Might need some tooltip that could then also explain the shift-snapping-modifier.

Thanks for thinking along. It is mainly about being able to distinguish between the red dot and the white dot. The ALT+click combination shows strange behavior, sometimes the red dot is not selected, sometimes it is. Changing the scaling of the image makes no sense. Changing Dpi (Bedankt Paul :slight_smile: ) works fine for the letters, but not for these dots. Maybe a temporary zoom-in function is best (or for me stronger reading glasses :slight_smile: )

One more thing to try. Make the right panel bigger by dragging the bar (or whatever that’s called) on the left of the panel more to the left. The screenshot shown has a width of about 15cm on my non-HR screen. Does that help?

dump_328

This was a suggestion to agriggio for beeing implemented. It doesn’t exist right now. Sorry for the unclear reference. I added a quote to clearify what I responded to.

Not really Paul, the image around the equlyzer is huge (get rid of the reading glasses :slight_smile: ), but the dots and their mutual distance remains small.

what os are you using? can you try running ART from the terminal by setting GDK_SCALE=2 explicitly? E.g. (on linux):

$ GDK_SCALE=2 /path/to/ART

does it change anything?

I am using Arch linux with KDE. I will try.

The scaling works. Now i have two ways to start ART: normal and scaled. Would some kind of magnifying glass be possible? I’ll see if KDE has something similar.

This works quite nicely: enlarge a part of the screen with Kmag (magnifying glass with mouse function).

Next image makes it even clearer: it’s about the distinction between the red and yellow dot. If I understand correctly, their function differs in shaping the mask. The yellow dot close to the red can be selected to move the other yellow dot (I also see a blue dot, but it has no function?).

1 Like

Both yellow and blue have basically the same function, yellow for the left side, blue for the right side. It’s just if you take one of the points, drag it away from the border…

grafik

…and not having another point between them and the border hey have some sort of straight tail, which is therefore not affected by the nodes. (Where should the line also go if there is no other point)