softproofing investigation

Hi all,
I’m investigating sotproofing with last git code but I think there’s a bug…
I work in Prophoto as working profile,set the monitor profile and printer not set , after I unckeck the softproof button and set the "out of gamut " (I would have to see what is out of gamut respect of my monitor profile) button and I bring the saturation at the extreme some cyan pixels are displayed. When I deselect the button of out of gamut the cyan pixels do not disappare …
I’m wrong or there is a bug??

This strange behaviour is in 5.4-921-gc34bd3176 and works in 5.4-906-g52644cd7f…it seems as the button press doesn’t reset nothing… the same for the working profile button for histogram at the top (the histogram changes only one time…and it doesn’t reset at all)

PS . I investigated and I think this is from here @heckflosse
Cheers
Gabriele

Thanks for reporting. Fixed in Fix broken softproofing · Beep6581/RawTherapee@07dafc6 · GitHub

1 Like

Well done, @dafrasaga! How did you manage to find the culprit?

Sincerely,
Claes in Lund, Sweden

Hi Claes,
I compiled backward every commit until it worked…:wink:
and it was when Ingo made the modify.

Cheers
Gabriele

Not to hijack your question, but what i would do is bring up the comparison between the two builds, like:
Comparing 52644cd7f3dfb79ae1e2c948a020dc80e3da34ad...c34bd317653cff42eb425668d2cfbbdfeb202710 · Beep6581/RawTherapee · GitHub
There’s only 15 commits to sift through, most not related to the functionalities in question. Of the remainder you may bisect to pinpoint which commit breaks the functionality. In bisection, you pick the middle suspect, compile and test. There you may eliminate either the former or latter bifurcation. If it’s broken the problem commit is either that exact commit or earlier, therefor eliminating the latter group. If it works, then vise versa. Reiterate bisection to pinpoint when in time down to the commit did the functionality break so the devs can do the dev thing.
:peace_symbol:

Well done @dafrasaga

Read about “git bisect”, it makes the process easier:
https://git-scm.com/book/en/v2/Git-Tools-Debugging-with-Git
https://git-scm.com/docs/git-bisect

1 Like

Hi Morgan,
thanks for the tip :wink: I’ll try to study it :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Many thanks :wink: now it seems to work :grinning: