[solved] Why copy/pasting settings sometimes result in horrible color cast?

As seen on the screenshot. The same settings have been used in all images, but some turned out pink. This wasn’t the only case… many times copy/paste results in horrible color cast on different images. I tried turning off ALL modules and the cast remained until I deleted history stack.

Thinking if this is a bug.

DT 3.0.2

You will need to tell us what “all the modules” are. Some modules are quite image specific.

But even if I turn off EVERYTHING, this cast remains.

I think it’s due to ISO changes… Copy/paste the settings to files with different iso values result into this problem. And I’m thinking it’s a bug.

Turn off or reset back to default?

Black/White point module. Different ISO, different black/white point settings.

1 Like

Check if something changed with Base Curve or Color Input Profile.

Spot on! Thanks, that was it! I reset the b/w module and worked!

I don’t use dt; however, I do recall there being a menu where you may select which settings to copy.

This is a pipe (module ordering) bug in 3.0.2. A known issue that will be fixed in 3.2.

1 Like

Hi, I have the same problem with DT 3.2.1.

SImply copy settings from one image to another lead to pink image. And as mentioned above, BW module reset solves this problem.
And it’s not a problem with different ISO. It happens also on the copy of the same image.

Is it some known bug ?

Thats no bug - by copying the whole history stack you also copy the black/whitepoint and maybe clipping settings in highlight reconstruction. The white point sets the value for clipping highlights. If source and target were shot with the same camera and same iso value that is ok; if not you“d better use shift+ctrl+v to insert the settings and deselect at least raw black/whitepoint.

2 Likes

Thanks for the explanation. I didn’t know about shift+ctrl+v.

Note that we have removed the black/whitepoint from the ctrl+c (copy) as this has caused troubles for many people.

1 Like