Some news about RawTherapee’s Local Adjustments and recent Rawpedia updates

Can someone please tell me what this curve abbreviation stands for, LC(H)? Honestly, I find that certain areas of the program need a more practical and less scientific explanation of its features.

Thank you

1 Like

They are like function descriptions. When you have y = f(x) it means the value of y is given by some function that takes x as an input. Our notation is a little different, but you get the gist I hope: for L(L) you adjust lightness based on an input lightness, so an L vs. L curve. For C(C) it is a chromaticity vs. chromaticity curve. For LC(H) it takes two inputs, lightness and chromaticity and you can adjust the hue.
Does that help?

It should also be obvious what the curves do when you try them out.

2 Likes

@stuntflyer
The explanation of @Thanatomanic is excellent. In other words, when the hue (H) of the image changes, the LC(H) curve allows to vary the luminance “L” and chromaticity “C”

In summary you have 3 curves for a mask :

• the first, L(L) allows to vary the luminance of the mask “L” according to the luminance of the image “L”
  • the second, C( C) allows to vary the chromaticity “C” of the mask according to the chromaticity “C” of the image
  • the third, LC(H) allows the luminance “L” and chromaticity “C” of the mask to vary according to the image hue “H”

jacques

2 Likes

Thank you! Yes that does help.

Mike

Hello Jacques

Wayne asked me to add a feature request for “lastrength” - which is just perfect by the way!
It would be very good on the denoise spot because it is that which made me wish for the control initially.

On the wavelets LAS tool it is really good to finesse the feathers on a White-Tailed Eagles wing - brilliant!

Just done this private video for you Jacques showing why I wanted the strength slider!

1 Like