Some PhF Layout suggestions

There is no updates?

loading packages…
warning: photoflow-continuous.r1278.gab3422de-1 is up to date – reinstalling

photoflow continuous.r1278.gab3422de-1 continuous.r1278.gab3422de-1 0.00 MiB

Check out the stable branch.

The latest commit was last month. Try the AppImage.

OK, now I see aur/photoflow 0.2.8.r2.gdf03f253-1- that is stable branch?
Couldn’t you to contact with china host which assembles aur applications? They address in packman.conf:

[archlinuxcn]
SigLevel = Optional TrustAll
Server = https://cdn.repo.archlinuxcn.org/$arch

Sorry, I am not a dev or maintainer. Please contact them yourself or ping @Carmelo_DrRaw.

1 Like

Hi! Sorry for the silence, I have network connection issues since a while…

For AUR you should install the photoflow-git package, which compiles the current stable branch.

Regarding the WB options, I now realise that the “Area WB” method is only available in the RAW Developer module, and not in the standalone White Balance one. I will fix this discrepancy as soon as possible.

Anyway, don’t worry, the project is still alive and I am working on some ideas for improving the usability, particularly for layer masks. I will make a dedicated post about that soon.

1 Like

All my posts are about photoflow-git, and problem are there…

It works differently: you have to specify the target “chroma” and “hue” by setting the Lab a and b components, then click on the image. The algorithm will do its best to adjust the WB multipliers so that the color in the clicked area matches the target ab values.

This is useful if for example you have an object with a well-known non-neutral color, or if you want to match a specific skin tone in a portrait shot…

I could not reproduce this so far, it is likely happening randomly. I will keep trying and let you know.

Ok, good. I just wanted to make sure you are using the good version…

PhF is unstable a little :slight_smile: Yesterday after try to zoom by mouse wheel PhF was crashed (auto closed without any messages).

And about photoflow-git:

Begin of compiling:

Making package: photoflow 0.2.8.r2.gdf03f253-1 (Fri 12 Jul 2019 07:26:33 PM +07)

After some strings (after makefile begins, I think)

Making package: photoflow continuous.r1278.gab3422de-1 (Fri 12 Jul 2019 07:26:49 PM +07)

And after all is assembled:

warning: photoflow-continuous.r1278.gab3422de-1 is up to date – reinstalling

resolving dependencies…
looking for conflicting packages…

Package (1) Old Version New Version Net Change

photoflow continuous.r1278.gab3422de-1 continuous.r1278.gab3422de-1 0.00 MiB

Why???

@Chawoosh I know you have been restating the issue several times already. I am sorry that I couldn’t help. I am sure @Carmelo_DrRaw can. Good luck.

That’s all? No replay, no updates…

A reply will come, be patient.

As I have implied in my previous posts, I don’t think you are finding the right package. The latest commit is

6180401a2c30a733cb64415e5a246d2c0dda838c

I don’t have to find something, I have to obtain right package from repo. Now I have

$ yay -Ss photoflow
aur/photoflow-git r2625.83cb3116-1 (+3 0.00%)
Non-destructive, layer-based photo retouching including RAW image development
aur/photoflow 0.2.8.r2.gdf03f253-1 (+7 0.00%)

That’s all

Sorry for the late reply, I am still intermittently offline at the moment…

I have a Manjaro system at home, where I keep photoflow-git up-to-date., This is what I get:

$ yay -Ss photoflow
aur/photoflow-git r2625.83cb3116-1 (+3 0.00%) (Installed: r2626.ab3422de-1)
aur/photoflow 0.2.8.r2.gdf03f253-1 (+7 0.00%)

The difference is that in my case yay reports the package as installed, with its currently available version.

i m using pamac to handle the updates, but I forgot which command I used to initially install photoflow-git from AUR…

Honestly I am not an Arch linux expert. Are you using yay for installing/updating AUR packages?

Yes, I’m using now yay, and with this manager always see new update of PhF because installed package have name different from name in AUR.

What is the version reported in the window title when you run photoflow? Just to check that at least you are up-to-date…

The alternative would be to use the appimage package. I am currently trying to integrate an auto-updating feature in the package.

I can post this in about 5 hours, I’m working now. PhF is installed on home comp.

Here is screenshot

Name            : photoflow

Version : continuous.r1278.gab3422de-1

Here is the answer to the name question.

That’s the same version I also have on my Manjaro system. However, I do not know why the more recent commits from July are not picked up by the AUR package, which is still stuck at the 20 of June…