Stuck on "Checking ICC repository…"

I had installed digikam over a year ago on a Mac, using a MariaDB database, but found it too buggy and crashy.

Being somewhat unhappy with other solutions out there, I thought I’d give it another try.

I downloaded and installed 6.3.0. When I try to run it, I get the splash screen and a few messages, then it hangs for at least an hour, displaying “Checking ICC repository…” in the upper left of the splash screen.

Any ideas on what I should try next? Is there a profile file somewhere I should delete to let it get a fresh start?

Thanks for any help offered!

which version of MacOS are you using? Catalina has proven very problematic for many FOSS applications.

High Sierra, 10.13.6.

I’m a coward. But I’m on ten-year-old hardware, and even running High Sierra required a patch kit.

having the same problem with the same OS. Ran fine under 10.12. Was there any solution found to this? Or is the recommendation to upgrade the OS? I’d prefer not to, as Mojave breaks several of my programs.

I actually have no use for ICC, so I’d be happy to disable it, if that were possible.

thank you for any help.

Not sure this give you comfort, but same problem on Windows 10.

Update:
Not giving up so easy, this helped: digikam-users - [digiKam-users] Digikam hangs on startup

Since mine is a new install I deleted the folder and the RC file and it started after that. Maybe the same works on Mac.