Success! Just got Rawtherapee installed on a WWU computer lab!

After 9 months of lobbying and pestering, I finally got the university Software Services administrator to install Rawtherapee on a computer lab. It was a mac lab, and didn’t seem to be as lightning fast as it is on windows, but I guess I’ll take what I can get.

Now the next step is to raise awareness, and help the Student Tech Center develop a workshop curriculum like they do for all the $$ Adobe software, but I am excited to have gotten this far. I am going to do a info session at the photography club, and possibly lead some of the tech workshops, and even teach Rawtherapee to my work-study supervisor (video and photo job) I’m pretty green on teaching, but I am excited to spread knowledge of Rawtherapee.

That I definitely do, having been a user of RT since high school. Yes, I do know about Rawpedia, but it definitely goes way further in depth than I think befitting for a 1-2 hour workshop, and a six page start guide (what I see for other software on the WWU tech website).

I might take some fun selfies featuring me and the computer lab with Rawtherapee running to celebrate, but yeah, one step forward!

8 Likes

Congrats, that’s awesome. If we can do anything, please speak up.

1 Like

Thanks for the help offer. In the time being, I think I will start working on the training materials on my own and then solicit feedback the rest of you guys after I have rough drafts. I just can’t believe this has happened and I have affected the campus in such a permanent way.

It would be awesome if you could take some videos of your trainings and make them available.

Yes I will. It probably will be a month or longer as I am a full time college student.

1 Like