Test RawTherapee 5.6-rc1

In your screenshot the slider is dark grey
grafik
but should be blue
grafik

Is there an issue with the TWB theme or did you modify the theme?

@paulmiller given the info @Hombre just posted, here is the latest dev build for testing,
https://kd6kxr.keybase.pub/RawTherapee_OSX_10.9_64_5.5-306-g7d33fc40c.zip

I accidentally changed the theme to “TooWaGrey” by scrolling while my mouse was over the theme popup (easily done if you’re used to the behaviour of Cocoa controls). The sliders are blue in the default RawTherapee theme.

@HIRAM:
I’m getting a “not found” when I try that link…

@Morgan_Hardwood:
I don’t actually own a ColorChecker target, but I may be able to borrow one. I could send you the shot I already have, but it isn’t under controlled lighting conditions and it is somewhat underexposed…

@paulmiller I can wait for the proper shots.

Adding tools to “favorites” tab removes them from their usual places. It is not convinient. Can it be modified ? Adding tools to “favorites” tab must leave them intact on their usual places imho.

Try this:
https://kd6kxr.keybase.pub/RawTherapee_OSX_10.9_64_5.5-306-g7d33fc40c.zip?dl=1

@viv not for 5.6. You can discuss that here: RawTherapee 5.6 will get a Favorites Tab but no GUI to configure it

@HIRAM, @Hombre:

Here are the results for g7d33fc40:

With Pseudo-HiDPI mode off:

With Pseudo-HiDPI mode on:

I think it looks better with Pseudo-HiDPI mode off, the graphics are not any less sharp, and the UI is the right size.

1 Like

Thanks for responding.

I have attached a RAW file from the Fuji X-T2
The DCP of this file appears only as Camera Standard in Camera Colour Management of the RT Appimage
However, the sensor in this camera is identical to the sensor in the Fuji x-Pro2 and X-T20
Perhaps the DCP from one of these could simply be copied, appropriately renamed and added to a future version of the Appimage.

Regards

DSCF0165.RAF (48.1 MB)

Also in the TooWaGrey theme the sliders should be blue. So there is a problem with the TooWa… themes on the Mac. It looks like the Mac can not handle gradients.

I also have non-blue sliders in the TooWa* themes on mac.

Can you prove this?
And prove that the electronics which translate the captured data perform identically.

You’ve made a very valid point which had escaped me.
My original suggestion could indeed produce unwanted effects on X-T2 Raw files.

Thank you again for picking this up.

Regards

@Fujiman don’t get me wrong, I’m genuinely eager to have it proved so that RT can improve color rendering of the FUJIFILM X-T2, but I need more than someone saying so in a forum, and I don’t have the time to dig into this on my own, so hopefully someone can point out a solid reference, or just supply D65+stdA shots.

According to Wikipedia They have the same sensor.

X-T2 From Fujifilm homepage
X-T20 from Fujifilm homepage
X-Pro2 from Fujifilm homepage

I guess this does not prove anything, but this is what I am doing since at least one year:

• install new RT version
  • copy the X-T20 profile and rename it as X-T2
  • use RT happy

Until now I did not noticed any side effects.

Please upload a few sample images from the X-T2, taken in daylight and in incandescent tungsten light, so that I can test. Use https://filebin.net/ , don’t attach to this forum as that would be a waste of space.

@Morgan_Hardwood

Thank you for the prompt to get off my ass on this.
I have read up on DC Profiling in Raw Pedia and will get an Std A clear tungsten bulb ASAP.
The outdoor shots (D65) should not be a problem - sunny days are back here again London.
I assume the shots with the Std A will need to be taken in a darkened room to exclude all other extraneous illumination.

I might even get an colour checker - sometime

Yes.

As you’re in London, maybe you could find someone to lend you one.