The Milky Way over rural franconia [feel free to critique]

@afre
The Lua scripts in dt are very limited and not able to manipulate module parameters. :frowning:

1 Like

@Tobias Too bad.

@jchnkl I suggest that you do minimal processing on the raw files (I prefer linear no-clip float output at this stage) and copy the tags over to the *.tif. TIFF tags can be modified, so you could write a script to smooth out the outliers on the WB ramp. Then open them in dt for further post-processing.

1 Like

Yeah, that’s really a shame. It could be so powerful for batch processing pictures, but right now it’s rather limited! :confused:

That’s a really good suggestion! I will definitively look into that! :blush: :+1:

Quick update: I finally wrote a python script which

• reads the WB coeffs from the RAW files
  • smoothes out the outliers (still wip, not that easy unfortunately)
  • packs the new coeffs as binary C struct & serializes them
  • writes the coeffs back as temperature module to darktable XMPs

This works pretty well already, however, I need to find a good smoothing algorithm. I’ll keep you posted :slight_smile:

Hi,

I promised to reshoot and redo the foreground, so here it is:

If you want, i can post it as a new topic. Personally, I like it much better now :slight_smile:

Update on the Python script I was talking about: It’s ready and I’ve used it already to process a Timelapse. I will make it available to the public once I can set aside some time.

5 Likes

Me too: looks good!

1 Like