The Waiting is the Hardest Part

Just practicing using an all-FOSS workflow, including digiKam for management and then editing directly to RawTherapee. In particular, I’m learning LAB adjustments, which is quite a powerful tool.

The Waiting is the Hardest Part
by Rick Scheibner, on Flickr

3 Likes

Very nice! I like the tree in front of the car… Then you zoom in and see the horse’s ass, literally :stuck_out_tongue:

If I could change one thing, I might change the color or the car’s paint, which may tie into your LAB learnings quite well. The green paint is too close to the flora in my opinion.

2 Likes

You caught me. :grinning: I thought about cloning the horse out, but then got busy doing something else.

You’re right about the color of the car. I’d wondered how to make it pop out a little, and was trying some other things, but I like the idea of changing the hue with the LAB settings. Thing is, I don’t know if the color is too close to the greenery to be able to grab it that way. Even if it is, I could process two images and layer them in GIMP. That approach will need some experimentation on my part.