This bizarre brickwork

I discovered this image the other day. Any (mildly) interesting views in your neighborhood? Please share.

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/mildlyinteresting/comments/7hzzsy/this_bizarre_brickwork_on_my_neighboring_building/

1 Like

The bricklayers stole a beer truck?

A corrupted lens profile, I guess

3 Likes

It must be Mufasa…

1 Like

From The Lion King:

Banzai: Oh, Scar, it’s just you.
Shenzi: We were afraid it was somebody important.
Banzai: Yeah, you know, like Mufasa.
Scar: I see.
Banzai: Now that’s power.
Shenzi: Tell me about it. I just hear that name and I shudder.
Banzai: Mufasa!
Shenzi: Ooooh! Do it again!
Banzai: Mufasa!
Shenzi: Ooooh!
Banzai: Mufasa, Mufasa, Mufasa!
Shenzi: Ooooh! [breaks into laughter] And it tingles me!
Scar: I’m surrounded by idiots.

OTOH the more I look at it the more it looks like a dog/wolf/fox head instead of a lion one.

I don’t think it’s Mufasa. I edited the image to take a look at what it is. Prepare to look at a creepy image if you were to click on the link. Pretty creepy enough to warrant a nightmare, and that’s the kind of image you’ll get only to find out what it is.

i.imgur.com/umsgLXK.png

It would look like a gorilla or an ape if you were to trace over it, and paint over it. Actually, as a matter of fact, I might do that.

That’s some serious moire! Perhaps try to shoot it without the antialiasing filter? :wink: :rofl:

1 Like

I saw this

Sorry if the trace is a bit off. I am doing this by memory on a really low quality used screen, where I cannot see the pattern. I gave my own to my sister. Yes, I tend to give my good gear to my parents or sister and then inherit their old stuff. I am generous that way.