Time for a break !

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to let you know that I’m currently preparing my defense for the so-called “Habilitation à Diriger les Recherches” (in French) that will held the 3rd of Octobre 2018, in Caen / France.
This is an important milestone in my research career, and I need to focus on it completely.
I’ve already written a habilitation thesis (in French) and I’m now designing the slides for the talk (as, apparently, the reviewers found the manuscript good enough for a defense).

That is to say I’ve really no time these days for doing G’MIC-related stuffs, so please excuse me the delay in replying to the forum messages, doing bug fixes, or fulfilling other requests !

In fact, we have very cool news to share about the G’MIC project, and exciting stuffs and filters to come, but I’ll take time to talk about that next month or so.
Until then, I’ll probably be silent as if I were dead ! (but will read the messages anyway).

May the force be with me :stars::earth_africa::sweat_smile:

23 Likes

Congratulation and good luck.

1 Like

Good luck (and much force)!

1 Like

Good luck David! I’m sure the outcome will be awesome, as anything you are doing!

I went through that some months ago, and I know how much painful (and “casse-pieds”) it can be…

2 Likes

I am not worried about you. :sunny: Thanks for sharing. Good luck!

1 Like

Godspeed. If only G’MIC was enough of a reason for them to give you some awards, you’d have the equivalent of five doctorates by now.

1 Like

Ah! Somehow missed this. We’ll all chip in on the forum I’m sure in the meantime. Best of luck :slight_smile:

1 Like

What, no livestream link to watch and ask questions while you defend?! What is this, 1980?!

Good luck, bonne chance, and may the force be with you, always!

5 Likes

@David_Tschumperle Bonne chance pour ton HDR !

1 Like

bonne chance

1 Like

David, I skimmed through your thesis. Skimming, because I neither read much French, and certainly less math. However, my appreciation for you contributions has soared. Thank you so much.

1 Like

Impressive men !
Keep going :slight_smile:

But just answer THE question : Are SMC red & blue OR Blue & red ?

1 Like

Congratullations, @David_Tschumperle ! …and good luck!

I definitely feel your pain, as I am up for tenure over here, which as far as I understand it is the most equivalent thing to Habilitation that we have here in the US academic system. I submitted my tenure file last week, and now it is working its way up through all the committees. I should know by April if I get it or not!!

PS, once you get it, you can finally be called Homo habilis! *

*(this is a terrible archaeology/anthropology pun that I am sorrynotsorry for saying!

2 Likes

Best of luck to you too, @Isaac, we’d love to keep you in SoCal :wink:

3 Likes

Thanks @paperdigits!!

1 Like

I know you’ll do well, David. As the ol’ showbiz adage states, “break a leg”. :slight_smile:

1 Like

:champagne: :gift: Done! :champagne: :sunglasses:
Now back to the business ! :wink:

15 Likes

David,

Van harte gefeliciteerd! (from :netherlands:) Congratulations :partying_face: :+1:

1 Like

Now, that you’re back, I’d have to inform you that the main Krita maintainer wanted to collaborate with you to fix G’MIC for Krita.

That’s our guy! Congratulations and all the best for the future.

1 Like