Transfer Layer's name to the layer itself

Hello every one,

It’s request filter if possible.
I would like to process several layers at once by writing the layer’s name on that very layer itself.

I’ll try to explain with a used case like a Christmas card or a diploma, an invitation card, etc…

I asked many parents at the school to send me the picture of their children, and to not confuse any child name, I asked the parents to write the full name of their kids as file name,
e.g “Denis Alphonso Delgado.jpg

Then I would open all the pictures in GIMP as layers, and use G’MIC with its ability to work on all layers as input and transfer the layer’s name on the layer itself (and perhaps being able to move the name on the G’MIC preview for better accuracy?)

If it’s possible, just using the font, size and color already selected in GIMP and remove any file type extension (like jpeg, webp, png, heic)?

And because parents are… parents (busy people :shushing_face: ), thus they will not care about lower/upper case while writing on their smartphone ,
Thus, if it’s possible also to format each word starting with upper case/majuscule and the remaining lower case/minuscule (or an option?)

In all case, Thank you very much for reading.

G’MIC does not have access to the font selected in the host software (here GIMP, but it’s true for any host software). Each host software has its own way to manage fonts so it would be really cumbersome to manage this.

Oh… OK, I did not know about that.
thank you for your input.

Please have a fantastic day.

Hello,

Going back to the topic (sorry) with another idea :shushing_face:

Instead of the font itself, as it’s not feasible without being very cumbersome, > a rendering of the layer’s name like @ronounours did in its filter “Layer Info”.

Would it be cumbersome, to have the options (color/place/size) to do it?

In all case, thanks a lot for reading,

In that case, yes that’s pretty easy, just copy paste this code:

font_height=24
to ${-gui_layer_name},0,0,$font_height

in one of the filter Various / Custom code, like in the screenshot below.

I’m very sorry for the late answer,

Fantastic! I understood that “,0,0,” are coordinates :hugs:, play with the channel(s) and so on to fine tune the letters.
One word, wonderful!
Thank you very much @David_Tschumperle

Please have an absolute fantastic day

1 Like