Tripod quick change plates for DSLMs

I recently bought a Canon RP - just to find out that my old Manfrotto 200PL quick change system is just “too big*” for the camera and using the camera directly on the tripod does not really work if you have the EG-E1 grip installed (as I have). In that case, you can not really unscrew the tripod, because you will first unscrew the grip…
It seems like that there are not many systems that fit such small bodies (the RP is around 35mm). A local photo equipment dealer told me about the Arca-Swiss system, but their smallest system is 38mm. An (expensive) option is Really Right Stuff with their (L-)modular plate. Unfortunately, it seems I can only order RRS directly in the US and currently the system for the RP is sold out too.
Are there other options? What kind of quick change plate do you use for your DSLM?
I also thought about 3D printing something - but not sure how good that would actually work :smiley:

* I mean it is not the end of the world, it is just a bit annoying that the plate stands over the body a few mm. Especially as the RRS system is not really an option for me right now (due to shipping and availability), I use the 200PL any ways.

Hi @reox,

What country are you in?

Arca-Swiss’ smallest plate is 26mm wide:

Have fun!
Claes in Lund, Sweden

1 Like

What is a DLSM?

A DSLR without a Mirror :smiley: Mirrorless camera - Wikipedia
But I see that this term is not that common as I thougt it was…

oh boy, I must be blind. I only found the 38mm ones… Thanks for the hint! These were probably also the ones the dealer was talking about.