Trying to escape LR, please help

In the end the user owns ON1 photo raw. I know this is a commercial product but since they already own it then it has a very capable mechanism that I have shown above in the screen shot to manage importing/renaming/creating folders and there is the option to index ie “catalogue” certain folders or all of them. I think there is room to supplement the editing process with open source editing software for sure but since they own ON1 and its dead easy to do importing I am not sure I would bother with looking further for that task.
Side note I did expt with Digikam a while back however it was just an added layer of complexity and it would crash more than I was willing to accept so I took a pass. There may well be utility for others that can stick to and need a DAM tool. It has been updated a couple of times as well so it might be maturing and more reliable now. I am good with my folder structure. I am sure it would be nice to find all the pictures of birds I have ever taken in one search but heck that would just be too easy :wink: