Ubuntu 17.10 dependency problems

Hi there.

I’ve been trying to install RawTherapee on Ubuntu 17.10 without much success.

If I try to install the stable version I get dependency errors, which apparently cannot be installed.

The following packages have unmet dependencies.
rawtherapee : Depends: liblensfun1 (>= 0.3.2) but it is not installable
Depends: topmenu-gtk3 but it is not installable
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.

If I try and install the development version I get almost the same error:

The following packages have unmet dependencies.
rawtherapee-unstable : Depends: liblensfun1 (>= 0.3.2) but it is not installable
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.

Following the instructions from here, I get this error:

Note, selecting ‘libexpat1-dev’ instead of ‘libexpat-dev’
E: Unable to locate package libiptcdata0-dev
E: Unable to locate package liblensfun-dev

I’d be very grateful for any help. Many thanks in advance!

I don’t use Ubuntu (more of a Debian user myself), but I was browsing the repository here and it seems like it doesn’t depend on liblensfun-dev (although…it should?).

Can you post your sources.list and any files in sources.list.d?

Hi @ardyn

I just installed Xubuntu 16.04(.3) and 17.10(.1) to verify whether the Linux compilation instructions are still valid, and I’m happy to report that indeed they are still valid. Compiling RawTherapee for both those distros involved nothing more than copy-pasting the two blocks of text (the “Dependencies” and the “Automatic Way”) from Linux - RawPedia

If despite copy-pasting the two blocks of text you still have issues, start by investigating whatever changes you may have made to the vanilla settings.

To give more clues, paste the full console log, from “sudo apt update” down to the last step that worked, which should have been “./build-rawtherapee”.

1 Like

I was under the impression that you were trying to compile yourself, but now I see that you meant installing using apt. Well the good news is that you can very easily compile it yourself. The other good news is that both installation methods from our Ubuntu downloads page http://rawtherapee.com/downloads work well.

If you have any issues, double-check that you followed instructions carefully, and if there are still problems, then contact the relevant package maintainer as described on the Ubuntu downloads page.