unable to display the error/warning message on the Natron GUI using setPersistentMessage()

I am setting erorr message
setPersistentMessage(Message::eMessageError, “”, “Test Failed”); throwSuiteStatusException(kOfxStatFailed);
but however i am unable to view the error in the GUI. Other error messages are getting displayed however, a few of the messages set are not.
I have checked the error suites status flags, everything is as expected, but is the buffer getting cleared elsewhere? what should i check for?

even if the viewer is directly connected to the node?
Normally, only messages that are upstream from the viewer should be displayed. There may be some bugs, though.

Yes, even if the node is connected directly to the Viewer? does the clearPersistentMessage() play any role here?

if you clearPersistentMessage() right after setting it, eg in an action which is called afterwards, then you may not see the message

I put a breakpoint on clearPersistantMessage() code, and i found that clearPersistantMessage() is not called anytime after i set and throw the error message.
Can it be that the host is clearing the buffer somehow? or can it be a possible bug?

it is probably a bug in Natron, then.
In which action do you set the persistent message? Did you try without the throwSuiteStatusException(kOfxStatFailed) ?

This may be fixed in the upcoming release (2.3.14) by ViewerInstance: do net clear persistent messages at each render (user… · NatronGitHub/Natron@c72d07f · GitHub