unable to display the error/warning message on the Natron GUI using setPersistentMessage()

(Rashmi Gupta) #1

I am setting erorr message
setPersistentMessage(Message::eMessageError, “”, “Test Failed”); throwSuiteStatusException(kOfxStatFailed);
but however i am unable to view the error in the GUI. Other error messages are getting displayed however, a few of the messages set are not.
I have checked the error suites status flags, everything is as expected, but is the buffer getting cleared elsewhere? what should i check for?

(Frédéric Devernay) #2

even if the viewer is directly connected to the node?
Normally, only messages that are upstream from the viewer should be displayed. There may be some bugs, though.

(Rashmi Gupta) #3

Yes, even if the node is connected directly to the Viewer? does the clearPersistentMessage() play any role here?

(Frédéric Devernay) #4

if you clearPersistentMessage() right after setting it, eg in an action which is called afterwards, then you may not see the message

(Rashmi Gupta) #5

I put a breakpoint on clearPersistantMessage() code, and i found that clearPersistantMessage() is not called anytime after i set and throw the error message.
Can it be that the host is clearing the buffer somehow? or can it be a possible bug?

(Frédéric Devernay) #6

it is probably a bug in Natron, then.
In which action do you set the persistent message? Did you try without the throwSuiteStatusException(kOfxStatFailed) ?

(Frédéric Devernay) #7

This may be fixed in the upcoming release (2.3.14) by https://github.com/NatronGitHub/Natron/commit/c72d07f29b0c0e855763c03637620f5600bea015