Version 7.3 has Lost a Tag Creation Function ???

In every version of digiKam I have had, in the right side Tag Tree panel, at the top of the tags list, where it says “Enter tag here”, I have always been able to type in the tag name and then choose/click on the location that pops up underneath the tag name automatically when I quit typing.

Not so in Version 7.3; I can type and then click to a fare-the-well and get no response whatsoever.

Is this the behavior others are finding, or is it just my installation ?

Thanks for reading and all help is appreciated.

Does anyone else use the keyword tagging feature ?
Is anyone else missing these functions in version 7.3 ?
So far, I have found three functions that do not work.

1. As already explained, at the top of the right-side tags pane, where it says “enter tag here”, I can type the text and the options to create or search show in the drop-down menu, but it will not acknowledge nor do anything when I click an option.
  2. Always before, when I created a sub-tag, the parent tag would automatically expand and display the newly created tag; now, I have to manually expand the parent tag.
  3. Always before, it would automatically scroll the tag tree such that a newly created tag was visible; now, I have to manually scroll and hunt for the newly created tag.

If I am the only one experiencing these difficulties, I will try to find the problem on my end; otherwise, I may uninstall and go back to the earlier version.

Another situation I have found = always before, metadata changes I made in other programs always immediately reflected in digiKam; now, I must do Item > Re-read Metadata.

And, on a few occasions, I have had to do Item > Re-write Metadata to get changes made in digiKam to reflect in other programs.

I can confirm the first one: clicking on create/search does not work for me either. Although using the arrow keys to select the item from the drop-down menu and hitting enter does work.

Thanks for confirming problem 1

This problem should be fixed in digiKam-7.4.0. A change in the signal connection to QCompleter was reversed.

2 Likes

Thanks for digiKam and thanks for being on top of things.