Very minor cosmetic-only UI bug (preview progress update status)

Seeing this on 1.17.2 but it’s existed prior to this version (just never reports it). Windows 11 Home.

When the preview is moved, zoomed, a module is activated or changed, etc., the progress bar at the bottom of the preview area updates and then usually resets to “Ready” when complete:

However, I’ve noticed quite often (although not every time… of course) it completes whatever it’s processing and the highlight-colored bar disappears but the prompt never updates:

It will stay like that until another update happens and it sometimes (or not) resets to “Ready”.

Functionally it’s totally inconsequential but there has been a time or two I’ve found myself waiting for it to “finish” until I realize it is finished already, it just doesn’t say so. Just a few minutes ago I saw it not reset after doing some sharpening and noise reduction. Then after a few more updates, it did reset. It both did and did not reset for both modules, toggled individually. So there’s no pattern I can see.

I don’t know if there’s a way to guarantee it’s reset every time. And once again it’s exceedingly minor but I wanted to mention it.

Thanks.

1 Like