Videoediting Beginner needs help

Hi guys, I’m new to video editing and I have a question.

All I want to do is have one video layer where I add pictures with faces to the video which should move accordingly to the characters in the video. Is this something I can do with Natron? What function do I need to use for my needs? What is it called? Is there a tutorial for this?

I’m looking all day for a program which can do this simple task in the jungle of free video editors.
It would be awesome if somebody could help me out :sweat_smile:

Natron is not a video editing program, it is a video compositing program, the difference being that editing is the process of taking multiple shots and combining them into a cohesive sequence while compositing is the process of applying visual effects to each individual shot.

Natron can do the task that you want it to, try looking for match-moving and tracking tutorials and go from there? A generalized tutorial for the program will probably also be helpful when starting out, I think this one is pretty good.

Additionally you will need another application to actually edit your shots into the sequence (and to export the frames of those shots to and from Natron, preferably as EXR or TIFF). There are plenty of free programs to do this and lots of breakdowns online of their individual strengths and weaknesses.

ok thanks alot for your reply. Now I finally know where to start with my project :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I’ll look into the tutorial you have posted