What is the default batch processing method?

After loading .NEF files in RawTherapee I see some templates but after doing any actions with image (even opening or just marking with stars) settings resets.
How can I save photo in .JPG to make it look like on template after loading?
Thanks for answers!

Good morning, @nordcave & welcome to the forum!

I am not sure that I understand your question.
Could you please add a screen dump?

Sincerely,
Claes in Lund, Sweden

Screen just after opening RawTherapee

Pictures are modified some unknown way

And this one after marking them with stars

Settings disapeared

@nordcave In the first screenshot, none of your image is edited, so what you see is the out of camera jpeg that is embedded in the raw file (yes, it embed a reduced and full size jpeg of the raw data). One drawback of RT is that applying rank or color value creates a PP3 sidecar file, which de-facto edit your image with the default profile set in Preferences/Image Processing.

@nordcave start by reading the documentation, specifically the Getting Started article:
http://rawpedia.rawtherapee.com/

I have a follow up question, (I have just started using 5.4 having used 5.3 for the last 6 months)

I have “auto matched curve” as my default profile.

When I batch process a whole series of images, without making any other changes than say adding sharpening, I get a different result than if I had open each of the images individually and select the same simple operation like sharpening.

Attached are two pp3 files.

The first I have not opened the file, and I have simply selected sharpening, and the created a JPG, the second I have opened the file once and selected sharpening the created the JPG.

The output actually looks the same, however the PP3 files are different, what Is supposed to happen?

_DSC4183-2.jpg.out.pp3 (10.4 KB)
_DSC4183-3.jpg.out.pp3 (10.8 KB)

http://www.mergely.com/HdRmA6i5/

Yes I get that the files are different and the later file has a non- linear curve, however the JPG is identical.

That does not seem to make any sense? This is to my mind a bug, but I am not sure what the correct behaviour actually is, should the PP3 files be identical, or are the PP3 files correct and the JPG is wrong?

The output from the first PP3 does not match the expected output for a linear curve.

everything is fine. auto-matching fills a bunch of settings when applied from the interactive GUI, so that you can use it as a starting point for further tweaking. when applied from batch, those settings are not saved. but both pp3s will use the auto matching if active, so the extra settings will be ignored. they are only meaningful if you turn auto-matching off.
and just in case you ask, auto matching is too slow to be applied always in batch mode, that’s why it’s not done. if you can find a way to make it work, I’m sure the contribution will be welcome :slight_smile: