wine AdobeDNGConverter

I’m having trouble following this instruction to install AdobeDNGConverter.
[How to convert raw formats to DNG - RawPedia]
I get /home/j/Downloads/AdobeDNGConverter_x64_13_2.exe: cannot execute binary file: Exec format error
when exxecuting WINEPREFIX="$HOME/wine-dng" ‘/home/j/Downloads/AdobeDNGConverter_x64_13_2.exe’

I’m on debian buster. By chance someone can help or some idea? Never used wine before.
Trying to convert cr3 files to dng. Since I’m having trouble in rawtherapee - images are white when opend.

Looks like you’re missing the word wine.

1 Like

Ups. Thanks man!!
Now the command is executing but I get “This Program does not support the version of windows you are using”
wincfg changing version did not help.

1 Like

Thanks!

For Buster, you may consider using the winehq repo, see Debian - WineHQ Wiki

1 Like

Took some time but I’ve installed wine 6.9, but with adobeDNGconverter 13.2 and I get:

This programm does not support the version of Windows your computer is using.

winecfg windows version is set to 10.
Can someone help?

got it now.
Needed to do

WINEPREFIX=“$HOME/wine-dng” winecfg
instead of just winecfg

I got to here, and the converter installed.
Running it gets a missing .dll message
api-ms-win-core-versionansi-l1-1-1.dll

Anyone seen that? Does it mean what it says, or is the true problem somewhat deeper?

Just in case you are not aware, there is now a native linux tool that converts cr3 to dng:

This could be a good alternative if you don’t want to mess around with wine.

The error message is accurate - Wine currently lacks the required DLL. I have a patch to add it, but it’s not merged yet: https://source.winehq.org/patches/data/222556

1 Like

Wine 7.3 improved support for API Sets, and Adobe DNG Converter 14.2 should work now.

1 Like

:+1: Were you able to verify?

Yes, in a fresh Fedora 35 install with the WineHQ repo. The update hasn’t filtered down to the official repo yet.

Thanks for the update. That is good news indeed for many people.