Zoom-Sphere Blur hybrid for G'MIC or a way to do that?

Hi, I have been working on testing my binary blending mode for Krita, and one of those tests involves creation of the sun. But however, there’s a issue though. There’s no way to have something like a blur based on sphere form. That’s the missing key to making a really realistic looking sun with binary blending mode and effects.

Also, I’m thinking fur blur with depth would be a nice idea in addition to this. There’s no such thing as fur blur in FOSS yet. Paint.NET has it through a plugin, but that one lacks depth, and “understanding of form”.

Just a formatting quibble. It might be a good idea to back quote `Paint.NET`. I instinctively thought it was a link and clicked on it.

Whoops, didn’t had the thought it would turn into a link.

The paint. NET plugin link - FurBlur - Update 30th July 2014 - Plugins - Publishing ONLY! - paint.net Forum

@Reptorian The fur blur reminds me of the gross kind of hair that someone forgot to clean. :see_no_evil:

OK; that furblur preset almost makes me want to install Paint.net (had it in the past a few OSs ago; lol). Maybe a G’MIC preset for the near future. :slight_smile:

@lylejk

Yeah, there is a lot of interesting plugin that would be better off in g’mic.

Here is another I want to see in G’MIC - Nebulous texture (update ymd:20170922) - Plugins - Publishing ONLY! - paint.net Forum

I wish I knew how that works mathematically.

There is also this - Animal texture (ymd: 20170822) - Plugins - Publishing ONLY! - paint.net Forum

– I just got the source for nebulous texture.