EOS Rebel T7 - Recording a LiveView stream at 5x zoom?

For those who know this camera, is there a 5x / 10x digital zoom available on that camera while recording a video?

Context:
It’s about attaching the camera to a astronomical telescope with a T-ring and adapter for prime focus video recording of the planets, just the body of the camera attached to the telescope.

The procedure tells me that I need: to record the LiveView stream at 5x zoom directly from the camera to a computer through the USB cable. This would apparently give me enough magnification.

I searched the camera manual and asked the AI, but can’t find any evidence that my camera actually has a 5x zoom, I guess it must be a digital zoom since the objective is not attached to the camera.

NOTE: With the objective on, I can set thing up to record a video and use the magnify button or the Reduce button to get a 5x or 10x zoom, but when I press Record button, the view in the LCD returns to the original zoom of the objective. :thinking:

My question: Is there such a feature available and can it be done with that camera? and if it’s available how to set up the 5x zoom to record the live stream?

If you’re going to be doing digital zoom, may as well do it on your computer later. Will probably be higher quality too.

1 Like

Thanks, I keep your advice in note!